Boston Harbour websites are located at www.bostonharbour.net and www.shop.bostonharbour.net (the "Sites"). In this document, "we", "our" and "us" refer to Boston Harbour, and "you", "your" "user," mean users of the sites.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is JMS Tradewell LLC, 434 Coney Island Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11218.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you when you use our Sites by for example, filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Sites, search for a product, place an order on our Sites, enter a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, gender and photograph. If you apply for or inquire about a job opening with us, we may also collect additional information about you, such as your work history and other information in connection with your application.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Care Team.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide you with information and marketing materials about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or to tell you about upcoming events or to carry out surveys or questionnaires for the purposes of improving our Services and your shopping experience;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our services or if there is a problem with your delivery;
- to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to investigate the validity of a transaction, in the event that we have a reasonable suspicion of fraud (we conduct routine online fraud prevention measures);
- for customer service purposes, to contact you if you have not checked out, to follow up on abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with your use of the Sites.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Sites, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them, or to contact you if you have not checked out or to follow up on abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with your use of the Sites.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Cookies and other web technologies and further information collected
In addition, we may offer you additional choices with respect to the use of these Web Technologies. Some of our Web Technologies will only be employed on your device on an opt-in basis, i.e. where you actively choose to receive them.
Disclosure of your information
Our policy is to not share the information described above with third parties outside of Boston Harbour without your prior consent. We may, however, share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances including to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example:
- we pass your delivery address and telephone number to our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you directly if there is a problem with your delivery;
- we pass certain personal information to third party payment management companies to enable them to verify your credit or debit card details;
- we may pass your details to service providers who help us maintain the Sites;
- we pass certain purchasing information and use of discounts to business partners who facilitate such discount schemes, provided you have previously registered with them.
- we pass your personal information to business partners who provide us with and assist us in operating customer service management, to improve and manage our interaction with customers and your customer service experience.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Sites.
- Service providers whom we may employ to assist us in carrying out and then analyzing the results of customer surveys or questionnaires.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of ensuring that your credit or debit card is not being used without your consent. This is done only to confirm your identity. No credit check is performed and your credit rating will be unaffected.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we plan to merge with or be acquired by that third party or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or another corporate change.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or court order or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements.
- If we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss to us; prevent or report suspected illegal activity; protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you otherwise consent or direct us to share your information with third parties.
Where we store your data
We use cyber security best practices to prevent the unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of your personal information. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology and card data are processed by PCI compliant payment providers.
While we strive to protect your personal information, no system can ever be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information; any transmission is at your own risk. You can help protect your online personal data by following these safety tips:
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
- Keep passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- You should use your own virus protection software and keep it up to date.
- If there has been (or you suspect) an unauthorized use of your password or account, please notify us immediately.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of 13, please stop using our Sites. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 13 to provide their personal information for any purpose.
Access to information
If you would like to see a copy of the personal data that we hold on you then please write to:
JMS Tradewell LLC, 434 Coney Island Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11218, USA
For the attention of the Data Protection Manager. We reserve the right to charge a small fee to cover our administration costs where we are legally entitled to do so.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personally identifiable information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. At this time, Boston Harbour does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
In addition, under California law, website operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information of a consumer over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers' personal information over time and across third-party websites. This law also requires website operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable information about their users' online activities over time and across different Sites when the users use the operator's website. Boston Harbour does not knowingly permit third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses our Services.
Third Party Sites